NCER Talent Enhancement Program (NTEP) is a human capital program designed to ensure adequate skilled manpower that matches the industry’s requirements in the Northern Corridor Economic Region (NCER).
Human capital incentive to companies operating in NCER.
Increase job opportunities and the quality of life of local graduates.
Naturing the talents
Ensure adequate supply of skilled local workforce as required by the industries.
Match and train is for participant who is eligible to be placed at a company to be trained for 12 months and ready for employment in next future.
Open for a business entity or investor operating or intending to operate or expand in NCER.
NCIA will reimburse part of the cost in the form of a training grant.
Types of training:
- Soft skills - Communication, problem solving, decision-making, leadership, time management and etc
- Hard skills (On the Job Training) - Operating a specific machinery or software, managing processes, performing specific analysis, etc
Participants who are hired by Participating Companies prior to commencement of the programme can be included provided that they are not employed more than 3 months prior to the date of commencement of the programme.
The participants must be pre-screened, selected and recruited by the participating company.
Students in their final year of study of recognised course from the reputable universities are eligible to undergo industrial training at the participating company prior to their graduation.
- 30% from the total participants must be female
- Participants who participated previously in any NCIA Programme do not qualify
- Minimum of 20% of total trainees who have not been in full time employment (e.g unemployed / youth / graduate)
NCIA is recommended the training plan should consists of 80% Hard skills (OJT) and 20% Soft skills.
NCIA will meet-up with the participants at least two (2) times during the program period.
The participating company shall signed an agreement with NCIA for period of 24 months.
The participating company eligible for this programme with minimum of five (5) participants and up to 50 participants at ones.
- The participant must received a minimum initial salary of RM2,500 per month.
- NCIA will reimbursement the remuneration costs up to RM1000 per month which includes of 100% EPF contribution and salary.
- NCIA will make the reimbursement by quarterly.
- The programme funding is capped at a maximum of RM1000 per month for each participant for a maximum period of 12 months.